Scrap Happy Traveller

SCRAP HAPPY TRAVELLER

Saturday, May 29, 2010

More Scenes in Roseau, Dominica

This is the view towards our hotel from the Ship (Book Ship I have named it).
You can see how the hotel is built on the rocks. Behind the rooms there is a strong rock cliff which can't be seen in the photo. More of the hotel is built atop the cliff.

I didn't go to the cricket as it is way too hot for me out in the open. I wandered around the town of Roseau and bought a couple of bits of jewellery from the local stalls. These schoolgirls were on their way to visit the Book Ship. Every day there are lots of school groups heading there. There are 1000s of children's books at very cheap prices. Pity my bags are crammed full!!! I felt quite safe walking out of the hotel and up and down the streets nearby. In a moment I'm going to test out the pool which is one floor down so I'll take some photos to post later.


1 comment:

  1. hi maureen and Daryl, lovely to be able to catch up with all your news! Looks like you'll be buying digital scrapbooking equipment next!!!! TTFN Louisa

    ReplyDelete